Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday already???

How does the weekend go by so quickly? wow - just 5 minutes ago it felt like I was couting down the minutes til 5pm on Friday... although we've had a fairly productive weekend, laundry, grocery shopping, new brake pads, moved some items to the new/old house we are moving into and now I'm relaxing on the couch with dinner simmering nicely in the crockpot.

Love love love the crockpot - what an incredible invention. Today is a new recipe - roast beef. I'll add potatoes and such after it's almost done, for a full meal with one dish to clean. I swear lately all I've done is dishes - :) hehe, and I'm actually willingingly giving up my dishwasher???

One of my favorite feel good movies is on tv right now - The American President. I still get choked up at his speech at the end of the movie - you know the one, where he talks about integrity and family values. Makes me wish he was running, rather than this crap we're now hearing about constantly all over the news... One day I swear we'll find a political figure that can break the barrier between parties, get rid of the smut throwing, and finally get down to the root of what is going wrong in America. Haha, listen to me going on and on, I guess I'm still and idealist at heart. And wanting a better place to raise my children. A place where they won't worry about people going hungry, or crime in the streets, or school shootings, a place where they can date someone of a different race, or the same gender without being judged or ridiculed. I don't see it happening anytime soon, but I suppose I can still dream of a day where we'll have the right leader to bring us back to a time and place where morals and values are a higher priority than money or things.

No comments: