Tuesday, May 22, 2007

trying to stay afloat

I love my job, what I do, who I get to help. Outside of my office, when I'm out in the communities I work in...that's when it's great.

When I actually have to come into the office and deal with all the BS - that's when I want to walk out. I think my boss is the laziest, most deceitful, promoted way beyond her means type of boss. Even some of the most basic things are beyond her capabilites. What's frustrating the most is that she plays favorites, and I'm not one of them. No matter how much I excel at my job, there is one person here she always compares me to, and I never match up. It's frustrating. I've been looking for something - anything - to get out from under her. Finally something came up that would be more of a lateral move, but it would be a bigger job, more challenging etc. I brought it up to her and was told I had her "full support to pursue this". Yeah, well, she's now promoting this job to that coworker of mine who she adores. Unfortunately she doesn't know that the coworker is resigning in a few months to move cross-country to go to grad school. Tough luck sweetie - you'll have to find a new favorite. I feel like nothing I do will ever be good enough - not that I care too much about what she thinks of me, I know that I am doing a good job, but what I don't feel like dealing with is when she prohibits me from doing my job properly because she can't follow through with things. She is abusing the system here, and it frustrates the daylights out of me. I don't really know how much longer I can take it. I'm at my wits end. It's gotten so bad that I'm blogging about it! I've been keeping track of everything - dates and times she's out of the office, things she's dropped the ball on..... I can only hope that eventually it will come back to bite her in the a$$...

No comments: