Monday, May 14, 2007

T - 0 hours

D Day. Finally here. The 91st day of waiting. Something that has been going on for almost one whole year has come to a close. My divorce is final today. after 10 months, I'm finally able to close that chapter of my life. I'm still waiting on the house to sell, but with the market the way that it is, I know that might be a long wait. Either way, that part is over - I'm able to change my name back, which will take some paperwork, but is something I'm looking forward to. Even though the city I live it is pretty large, it's still a small town feel - with many people who recognize my unusual married name. They ask if I'm related - and I never know how to respond, because frankly it's none of their business. I never wanted to change my name in the first place. I was proud of who I was - it's the name I've done so many things with - my degree is in that name, I travelled the world with that name :). Luckily my initials never changed, but I can tell you that I'm truly looking forward to getting back my name. I almost wrote identity there, but is a name really "who you are"?

No comments: