Wednesday, May 30, 2007

long weekends - out of town visitors

Wow. I never thought I'd be happy to be back at work after a long weekend. It's be a full 4 days, with friends staying with us from out of town - trying to make the most of the holiday weekend and show them around... it's fun, and exhausting. They arrived late thursday evening, and spent the day to themselves Friday. We hung out in Boulder before heading home to grill and play cornhole. It was fun, relaxing, and I should have savored it more - little did I know that the rest of the weekend would require me to take care of people. I wish that I could just let go, not feel responsible for others, but that's just not the type of person I am. I'm always wanting to be the good hostess, maing breakfast everyday, making sure people are having a good time...constantly worrying about others. It's really tiring to do that :)

We went to 11 Mile Lake, rented a pontoon and froze our tushies off :) and had a blast doing it! It was really nice to get out on the water, see the snow capped mountains in the distance and feel the wind on my face. (Pictures to come later). We drove back through Colorado Springs and had an amazing view of Pike's Peak.

Sunday we barbequed at the house. Keg and all, it was fun. But exhausting. There came a point in time where I didn't have the energy to try to make small talk with anyone :)

Rockies kicked some Cardinal tail on Monday, and there were 3 homerun hits that came really close to where we were sitting! It was definitely exciting to watch their winning streak continue :)

Now, back to reality, work and all. I found out today that I'm in the running for a division job that I really want. Phone interview next week, wish me luck!

No comments: