Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Past year in review and looking ahead

This past year has been highs and lows combined - parts of it made it the absolute best year I've had so far in my life, and other parts were harder than I thought they would be. Obviously the best parts include PB and our life - getting married and getting pregnant with the little one. I'm also pretty darn proud of all the other accompliments in my life as well. Getting a new job - one that occasionally drives me nuts, but I truly feel it's a step in the right direction. Applying for grad school - though with the BT on the way that train has been temporarily derailed - I may revisit it again at some point when the little one is tucked away in school - who knows.

I have not reached out to old friends like I had wanted to. I'm not really sure what has stopped me other than time. It's hard to go back and make excuses, though I know that if the friendship was really there I wouldn't have to. For now PB, my best friend, is really what I need in life. We have so much fun together and I can't imagine how my life was without him in it.

I feel like this year brings even more new beginnings - new life and new hope for a wonderful future together. It is so much fun to plan - and while I rarely make New Year's Eve resolutions, I always like to think about what I hope to accomplish each year on my birthday.

So, here's to a beautiful marriage to the man of my dreams, bringing a new life into this world and being the best momma I can possibly be, continuing with my sewing and photography and striving with each project to learn something new and grow with each experience, continue to learn and grow at my job and hopefully create an opening for upward movement within this company. I think that is a good start.

No comments: