Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today's the day...

Wow, I can't believe today is finally here - 3+ months of waiting has finally, finally come to an end. We are having our ultrasound this afternoon and couldn't be more excited about it. I fell asleep pretty easily last night which was nice, however when I woke up at about 3:30am to go to the bathroom I realized I couldn't go back to sleep :) Too darn excited to see the little one on the screen and find out (hopefully) what will be joining our family in 5 months! I did end up back asleep after thinking about it for over an hour, my hands resting on my belly, feeling the little one squirm away in there. Almost like it knew the excitement that was on the horizon and was excited to be a part of it - the reason for it...



PB told me last night that he felt bad that the ultrasound was "overshadowing" my birthday today - and I guess I just haven't felt that way about it at all. I am so happy that for the rest of my life I will remember this day, this feeling, on my birthday each year. I think it's an incredible gift - one that you can't buy at the store, not even one you could plan if you tried :).



I'll post tomorrow all the exciting news.

No comments: