Thursday, March 1, 2007

The pursuit of happiness

This has been all over the news lately, from the incredible movie (which I loved by the way) to a whole series on the Today show... it's got me thinking about my personal pursuit of happiness and how it's led me to where I am today.

My pursuit of happiness began 8 months ago when I separated from my spouse. I was very unhappy, and finally realized that getting out of that relationship was going to be the start of looking out for my own best interest. Since then I've learned to love my job again(!), found new friends, discovered that I am capable and worthy of love, and decided to go back to school, something I've wanted to do for a long time but kept putting off.

My pursuit of happiness has led me to the most incredible person I've ever met. Someone who pushes me to be a better person, who inspires me, who believes in me and who loves me wholeheartedly. That's just an incredible feeling. This is someone that has taught me so much about myself that I didn't even know was inside of me. I've taken on mountain biking, skiing (again) and many many other things.

It's been a great journey so far, and the best part is that it's only the beginning. Each day brings something new and fresh. I encourage everyone out there to think about thier own pursuit of happyness (I love that way that spelling looks :)) and what, if anything, is standing in the way.

No comments: