Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sewing

So, I absolutely love crafts. I've taken to calling myself a "regular 50's housewife" simply because I love to sew, knit, bake and cook so much. I absolutely adore it. My mom got me a sewing machine for the holidays, and though I haven't had the time to go completely crazy sewing, I'm truly enjoying myself and getting better each time.

My favorite bag is one I recently made. It's a reversable tote with two pockets on the inside and two on the outside. My next venture is a lovely tote for my sis, and then a diaper bag for my other sis... That task seems a bit daunting at the moment so I think I'll work on the tote before taking that one on.

I use Craftster for inspiration. The posters on there are so incredible - it's like a festival of craftiness every day! That's actually where I got the inspiration for the reversable tote bag above, and where I got all the ideas I have for the diaper bag - I still can't believe I'm going to try elastic pockets and a zip-top bag :) - luck me that my sis is incredible and will most likely tell me she loves it even though it might be hideous!

No comments: