Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Registering - Blech

So I think I now have my whole family up in arms :) It's quite funny actually. They've been anxious for PB and I to register for the little one so they know what we want etc. Which is super sweet but when we tried to go to the baby mega-mart we had some issues. Mainly, we stood in front of the car seats for at least 10 minutes, reading about each of them, and finally picking the one that "looked cool". Seriously??? It's about looks now? I will only speak for myself, but I had absolutely no clue what I was looking for. I mean, if they're on the market they all have to meet the same safety standards right? So they're all pretty much the same? No clue. I can change a diaper like the rest of them, but I have absolutely no idea.

After we finally picked a car seat, which basically consisted of staring dumbly at them all for 10 minutes, telling a salesperson that we didn't need help cause I didn't want to admit that I had no idea what I was doing cause (to psuedo quote Juno) "it's not an etch-a-sketch, this is one doodle that can't be undone". I HAVE to figure it out cause whether I do or not this baby's coming in approximately 5 months. Oh dear lord.

PB thinks I'm totally overreacting, which I'm sure I am :) I think it's funny how all worked-up I get :) but in the end I know it will be okay. My mom and sis chatted right after I vented to my mom about registering - and I got a vm from sis right after that telling me she'd help. I know I need to just chill out a little bit and it will all fall into place. And I suppose that I'm not really upset or freaking out about it - it's just that I didn't realize there were so many choices out there and that they were all so stinking expensive! :)

In the meantime - we've been browsing my favorite - Craistlist - for some good deals on things that don't have to be new... a bassinet, jogging stoller etc. There are only a couple of things that need to be new in my opinion: car seat being one of them. The rest - eh. The BT will grow out of it within two years anyway so what does he care? He'll be the cutest little boy on the block regardless if his stoller is "manly" :).

No comments: