Friday, February 1, 2008

Love

I've been thinking a lot about love recently - obviously - with all that is going on right now who could think of anything different? It's amazing how connected I feel now that I know this little person growing inside me is a boy - not that I wouldn't feel connected if it was a girl... just knowing what it is makes it better somehow. I love this little boy so much already and when PB and I were talking last night about the future, I teared up just thinking about leaving him to go back to work. I am finally more comfortable at my job and know there could be a good future here for me, but is it worth it to miss the incredible time at home with our little boy? Making sure that he gets all the love, support and care that he needs to grow into a capable, happy, healthy person. It breaks my heart to think that I might miss even a moment of his life. I know that we have a lot to figure out, if we could make it work, if it's the right move for our family etc. But I do know now what I've heard from so many moms is true: you love them unconditionally from the start and I can't remember now what this life was like without him a part of it.

No comments: