Thursday, April 19, 2007

reminising

I've been thinking lately about travel - I miss it. I caught the travel bug back when I was in high school and took an art history/humanities tour of western Europe. I later returned to live in Florence when I was an Italian major in college, and spent two years living in Bulgaria as a Peace Corps volunteer. I have had the chance to see so many incredibly beautiful things in my life - and it makes me want to explore more. Here are some of the things that inspire me:




These are just a few of the beautiful shots I've taken throughout my travels. I have thousands more where those came from and can't wait for the day that I get to sort through everything, and surround myself with those beauties. I've only taken a couple of photography classes, and am by no means great, it's just that the subjects and scenery can't go wrong. There is a history, a story behind every one of those shots, and I love them all for that reason. The shots that are blurry because I was laughing so hard - those are some of the best memories.
I guess I'm thinking about travelling again for many reasons. One being that I finally got copies of all my photographs back in my possession, that I'm in desperate need of a vacation, and that I'm trying to determine what the next step is for grad school. There are two programs I'm looking at locally (I'm just not in a place anymore to move - I'm settling down here and I love it). One is a public health program, which I'm incredibly interested in, but it's a focus of Community Health Education, and I'd prefer to focus on Policy or International issues. I'm also looking at a new program which is a Master of Science in Business Administration that focuses on Global Social and Sustainable Enterprises. It looks like the ideal program and the more I read about it, the more excited I get about it.


No comments: