Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family


My mom was just here for a visit - it was wonderful to have her here. She really helped with poopster and it was great to see her with him. Hubby and I went out (first time leaving poopster) to my company holiday party. It was nice to get out and we are looking forward to establishing some kind of date night in the near future.
Poopster is 6 months old today. I can't believe how time flies. It feels like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital; a tiny 6lb 1oz when we left, he's now a healthy 15lbs. I love watching him grow, learn and experience new things. He's still rolling like crazy, laughing, and is very interested in the world around him. Everything catches his eye and he finds the funniest things amusing/interesting. When we rock in the living room and I hold him on the right side he stares up at the ceiling and just smiles. Every time. The ceiling is blank so we aren't sure what's making him smile but something is. It's like he has a secret picture that only he can see when he looks up there.
I love his smile. Not only is it the sweetest image on the face of the planet (who could resist that gummy smile???) but it means he's happy and that melts my heart. In general he's a pretty happy little guy, and hubby and I love to think that he's happy with us as parents... I guess we won't really know the answer to that one until he's a teenager :)

No comments: