Wednesday, March 26, 2008

27 weeks (or 3 months left)

Wow. Life really does come at you fast - isn't that how the commercial goes? Anyway, I've been MIA for the last 6 weeks or so, with very good reason.


A quick update. PB and I finally made it official on 2/22/08. We had a beautiful wedding just the two of us in the mountains of CO. I couldn't have been happier with how it all turned out. Perfect. That's really the only word that comes to mind when I think about marrying the man that is my best friend, confidant, lover and the father of my (soon to be here) baby boy.

Some pictures from the best day of my life (so far!):
We have also been to Minneapolis (work and play) and Phoenix (play) as well as accepting an offer on The house that will never sell. Well, guess what??? It actually did. We closed on it yesterday and while it hasn't totally sunk in yet, I'm sure that it will. I can say at the very least I feel a huge amount of relief - life a 65 lb weight has been lifted off my shoulders. So, we moved this past weekend (again!) and are now staying somewhere fairly temporary while we resave some money (getting out of the house wasn't cheap) and plan to buy our own house.
We are also about 3 months away from the BT's arrival - and I'm getting bigger everyday. I've been trying to be good - but with all the traveling and then the moving - it's been difficult to keep my eating and excercise on track. We're in week 4 of our Bradley classes and I'm really enjoying them. I've scheduled our hospital tour, will soon be attending La Leche League classes, and am trying to read like crazy all the natural child-birth books I have. It has become so important to me to do this naturally. Today I'm headed off for my standard glucose test, so I've been extra careful the last two days on my diet, hopefully that test will go well.
Other than that, we had a wonderful baby shower when we went home to AZ and I'm soooo glad that PB was there with me. We had three extra bags that were all 48-49 lbs each - just shy of the 50lb limit for paying extra :). There is absolutely no way I could have done that myself. So this weekend, we'll try to get settled in a little more, go through all the baby stuff and see where we need to think about filling in the blanks. I know work will have a shower for us as well but to my knowledge that hasn't been scheduled.
Well, that's enough of an update for now.

No comments: