You are two weeks old today. I can't believe how time flies. We've already taken you to your first doctor's appointment (June 23rd) where we learned you weighed 7 pounds! This was pretty incredible considering when we left the hospital you had dropped to 6 pounds 1 ounce. You also lost your belly button stump on June 25th and your circumcision ring on June 29th. Today daddy and I took you back to the hospital for the follow up blood work that needed to be done.
In the two weeks since you were born I've learned so many things about you, and about being a mom.
- I've learned that not even those all-nighters in college could have prepared me for the broken sleep I'm now getting!
- You make the craziest facial expressions - so many different ones I wish I could catch them all on film.
- You have the greatest smile, something you do often.
- You don't cry much, but you do make a lot of different noises. Daddy and I have nicknames for you based on a few of your noises (pteradactyl and Beeker the squeeker to name a few)
- Some of your other nicknames are: Buster, Buster Brown, Sweet Pea, Little Guy, Butt-face (when you're sleepy), Poopster, Poopybutt, Tootness, Poopy pants and Monkey.
- I also call you my little piggy because you snort and root around when you are hungry and frustrated.
- You a a very mellow, relaxed baby.
- You love to be held, and especially to be bounced by daddy (bounce with me, bounce with me)
- You generally sleep for two hours and wake up very excited to eat - I think it's your favorite thing to do so far :) Which could explain the weight gain at your first doctor's appointment.
- You've already met one gramma and will get to meet the other one this weekend.
- You have loud and stinky farts and poop.
- You love to be outside.
- You are very alert and look all around you, taking everything in.
- Daddy and I could spend hours staring at you.
- You headbutt things and flail your arms and legs around, but you are a very strong little boy who can lift his head, already tries to crawl during tummy time, and can roll over from side to side all on your own.
- You prefer to sleep on your side rather than your back.
- You prefer to sleep on our bed rather than in your crib.
- You prefer to sleep on mommy or daddy's chest rather than in our bed.
- You are still the most perfect, beautiful baby in the entire world. Your dad and I are amazed everyday at how lucky and blessed we are to have you in our lives.
- I love you more and more every day little one.